Saturday, August 11, 2012

Random - Routine


Don’t know how, why, but right now I am on a spaceship observing the earth, the people, and their lives. By the looks of this Spaceship it seems to be too advanced, so let us assume I’m on an Alien spaceship. You could also assume I’m sitting with God, but then again, being agnostic, I can’t really suggest you that, and being not-atheist, I kind of have to. So I did.

Though all of us think that we follow some kind of a routine, from up here everyone seems to be eager, too eager, to go to someplace they don’t even know. They seem to be looking for something, for someone; everyone seems so busy, too rushed, to find that something. Everyone seems to overlook the beauty and awesomeness of their lives, everyone seems to be sad. Well, when I say everyone, I mean all adults: The people who are supposed to follow routines, and rules. They seem to live a really complex life; full of entropy and their thoughts seems to be lifeless and sadistic. To my awe, infants on the other hand seem to lead a simple, routine life. Their thoughts are less concerned with problems and are full of dreams; they are practically handicapped, and depend on others for everything, but still they seem to be content and happy.

 “Well, the little toddler has hardly seen the hardships of life, he is provided for and taken care of, how can you compare the two specimens, they are completely different”, the alien beside me said. I seem to have no problem to get over the fact that I’m talking to an alien, and replied, “Well, you have got a point, but let us compare their basic goals of a day: Both want to eat, feel loved, and succeed. Yes, the infant wants to succeed in perceiving the complexities of a toothbrush, but, if we consider the scenario that both of them fail in their task; who seems to be more pessimistic about the next day, who seems to lament on yesterday.” I seem to have made my point, in a better way than my Alien Friend, so he leaves. In the complexities of nature, we fail to or maybe chose not to, see the crudeness and the simplicity around us. For intellectuals especially engineers or people who are stimulated by mathematics, this won’t be a surprise; that almost every shape, design, pattern found in nature follow, or approximately follow an equation, a mathematical equation. For example, just the other day I was reading a Wikipedia entry about the rhodonea curve, often called as the rose curve [equation], it can give you almost all the different kind of shapes, you would ever see in a Flower. From up here it is very clear that the earth is spherical, and the people living in it are so flat and 1-Dimensional, with no sense of so-called society, in the comforts of their own blankets no-one, thinks about a fellow human being dying of cold, not that I am saying this as a distant observer, or an Ideal exception case, I say this as a part of this breeding epidemic, we so proudly call society, I am just another by-stander following the Random-Routine, I am supposedly, supposed to follow.                                                                                                                                                                         Frustrated by all the heavy-thoughts I had been pondering on, I get up, to get to the bathroom, these people call it ‘the bin’, and somehow I know that, I enter the bathroom and standing in front of this huge mirror I realize; that I’m an Alien too.

No comments: