Monday, April 19, 2010

We all are Racists

All the people in the world discriminate
All of us have feelings of like and hate
For him or her for different reasons,
But our feelings can change like seasons,
Just as we know the person from the inside
The love can sprout out and hate goes aside.

All of us discriminate on terms of beauty,
She is pretty and he is cutey,
Phrases like these forces me to think
How can we decide it in a blink?
That who is nice and who is not,
Just by seeing who is ugly and who is hot.
Why don’t we value the human worth?
When beauty is something that is decided by Urth,
How can we develop the feeling of love or hate?
Based on something so whimsical called fate.

People ask my name
Maybe to search for my fame
Then they ask my surname, I wonder why
But I tell them because I am not shy,
And as I tell them, they guess my religion
My caste and guess I come from which region,
And I think on that; how the hell can they decide
That I am the low or the high tide,
How can they say I am untouchable?
Or I weak or I am not able,
Without knowing my skill,
Without measuring my will
How can they
Think or say,
That I am incompetent or bad,
This really makes me sad,
And gives my heart intolerable pain,
That they discriminate on something which is so uncertain. (Name)

I don’t know what my name my creed,
Has to do with my breed,
The plant doesn’t just depends on the seeds
The Path to which it leads,
Is decided by how it is nurtured.
How our soul is being nurtured,
Decides our destination,
Not out color, creed or nation.
I can keep talking till the end of light
But that is not going to make things right,
Actions are what we need to stop this racism
‘Cause it is killing the lone feeling of humanism……

No comments: